Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Exhumed

This body belongs in sub-human lands,
Deep inside my house of serpents
Where museums of filth archive our expanding desires
Indexing deviance with a smile and a frown,
All laden upon one fleshless face - once bone, now hardened chunks of paint

This cave - this endless canyon of echoed needs,
Need not be fulfilled in this lifetime,
All at once become reality, in a fleeting heartbeat
For one God-awful second,
One vile moment,
Come, the wild horses! Come, the headless, and now unmasked!
Come, decapitate these brutal musings - tear them from me,
Like a dead child from my useless womb,
Or kindness from this empty heart

True venom lies, behind stonebrown eyes,
Made whole from passing mention,
Given life to this sordid creation, that I no longer commit,
No longer control these ugly, audacious passions
Let the storm be calm, for it has ravaged my inside
And nought is left to be seen inside, but exhumed humanity,
With all emotion spent,
This body belongs deep underground,
Inside my house of serpents

No comments: