Saturday, May 08, 2010

Last Time, it Felt Like Home

Hours have passed through parallel,
Flashing regret
Well, I didn't close my eyes once while you slept
Nor should I have
Those waking moments kept alive
Only while the light is fleeting
And you, sleeping
Without a single breath against the nape of my
neck

Does life lead by obsession grow wasted?
Or does the silent storm hastily bury open trap-doors?
Not slammed shut, but filled up of disgraces
The handles, too hot to unearth what
Was trapped beneath
Intangible possibility
Hours of spoken thought - I feasted
Became a mind in clarity - a jumble now
Of tangled shoe-laces
And faithless
Doubtful of others' intentions
All seeming so bleak and baseless
The moments kept, and keep still
A fist firm fury
Frozen around the pumping chest-spaces
Spaces where organs once drummed a life-strong beat
Spaces where your clothes strewn briefly in heat
How thoughtless I am to waste such moments
Indulgence in theoretical romance
How graceless to wish you to me
Like the sun to to the plum
Or leaves of a plant
Impatient to know a future that will not unfold
Good gracious

No comments: